7 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 7 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
7 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 7 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $139 USD
Experience your amazing potential for improved sleep, deep relaxation, and enhanced focus with yoga nidra.
Join Rolf Sovik, Spiritual Director of the Himalayan Institute and yoga nidra guru, for a powerful inward transformation. Become attuned to the here and now, allowing your inner wisdom to emerge and your stress to melt away as you progress through stages of relaxation. This course, accessible to all, will teach you everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the benefits of “yogic sleep.”
"Rolf is amazing as he guides all levels of students through this practice. I was able to have immediate results from just my first time viewing and practicing along."
In this 7+ hour course, which includes guided yoga nidras, you will learn:
- The theory and practice of the five steps of yoga nidra.
- A look at sleep, the stages of sleep, and the brainwaves associated with each stage.
- Helpful tips on how to stay awake while moving through relaxation toward deep sleep.
- The enormous and accessible restorative potential of yoga nidra.
- The short method of yoga nidra—the 10-minute power nap.
1. Awake Yet Asleep
- Lecture Notes
- Demonstrating the Power of Yoga Nidra (Part 1)
- Demonstrating the Power of Yoga Nidra (Part 2)
- Sleep, Benefits, and Philosophy
- Biofeedback and Brain Waves (Part 1)
- Biofeedback and Brain Waves (Part 2)
- What We Know About Sleep
- Stages of Sleep
- Benefits of Sleep and Conscious Sleep
- Step 1: Gentle Movement
- Step 1 (Alternate): 10 Stretches in 10 Minutes
- Relaxation: Watching the Body Breathe
- Two Crucial Moments Within Relaxation
- Tips for Staying Awake
2. Exercise Without Movement
- How I Learned Yoga Nidra
- Relaxation: Rest Your Mind and Your Intention to Move
- Theory Behind Exercise Without Movement
- Preparation for Exercise without Movement
- Benefits of the Practice
- Step 2: Exercise Without Movement Practice
3. Deepening Relaxation
- Step 3, Part 1: 61 Points Relaxation
- Being Practical with Yoga Nidra Practice
- 75 Breaths Relaxation Overview
- Step 3, Part 2: 75 Breaths Relaxation Practice
- Breath Awareness Overview
- Step 4: Breath Awareness Practice
4. Heart of the Practice
- Yoga Nidra Overview
- Step 5: Yoga Nidra Practice
- Yoga Nidra Master Practice Warmup
- Yoga Nidra Master Practice
5. Bonus Content
- The Power Nap: Yoga Nidra Sitting Against the Wall
- Waking, Dreaming, and Sleep Consciousness in the Mind
- Resolution in Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra and Meditation: Similarities and Differences
- Other Yoga Nidra Practices: Pairs of Opposites