8 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 8 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
8 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 8 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $199 USD
In Wisdom of the Yoga Sutra: Mastering Your Yoga Practice, Pandit Tigunait elaborates on Patanjali’s succinct and straightforward plan to transcend pain and embrace lasting happiness.
The wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra is as fresh today as it was 2,000 years ago. The goal of the Yoga Sutra is precise and powerful: overcome pain and sorrow, become fearless, re-infuse your body and mind with vibrancy, and take charge of your destiny.
Introducing Wisdom of the Yoga Sutra: Mastering Your Yoga Practice
In this course, Pandit Tigunait leads you step by step through the master practices of Yoga Sutra’s Sadhana Pada and explains the secrets of raja yoga through a combination of lecture and guided practices.
In this 8-hour course, you will:
- Explore the core principles of asana, including prayatna shaithilya (“effortless effort”) and ananta samapatti ("absorption in the infinite") that allows you to master the alignment, flow, and sequence of your yoga.
- Learn how to work with prana through 7 pranayama techniques, including the subtle, powerful chaturtha pranayama that will take your meditation to the next level.
- Remove darkness, dullness, and fatigue. Tap into the inherent wisdom of your body and mind—invigorate your practice and your life with the Yoga Sutra!
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, is a modern-day master and living link in the unbroken Himalayan Tradition. He is the successor to Sri Swami Rama of the Himalayas, and the spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute. As the author of numerous books, including his autobiography Touched by Fire: The Ongoing Journey of a Spiritual Seeker, Pandit Tigunait offers practical guidance on applying yogic and tantric wisdom to modern life. For over 40 years he has touched innumerable lives around the world as a teacher, humanitarian, and visionary spiritual leader. You can view more of his teachings online at the Himalayan Institute Wisdom Library.
Pandit Tigunait holds two doctorates: one in Sanskrit from the University of Allahabad in India, and another in Oriental Studies from the University of Pennsylvania. Family tradition gave Pandit Tigunait access to a vast range of spiritual wisdom preserved in both the written and oral traditions. Before meeting his master, Pandit Tigunait studied Sanskrit, the language of the ancient scriptures of India, as well as the languages of the Buddhist, Jaina, and Zorastrian traditions. In 1976, Swami Rama ordained Pandit Tigunait into the 5,000-year-old lineage of the Himalayan Masters.
1. The Promise of Yoga
- Crossing the Abyss of Pain and Sorrow - Part 1
- Crossing the Abyss of Pain and Sorrow - Part 2
- Crossing the Abyss of Pain and Sorrow - Part 3
- Crossing the Abyss of Pain and Sorrow - Part 4
- Crossing the Abyss of Pain and Sorrow - Part 5
2. The Power of Asana to Heal & Transform
- Unlocking the Hidden Power of Asana - Part 1
- Unlocking the Hidden Power of Asana - Part 2
- Unlocking the Hidden Power of Asana - Part 3
- Unlocking the Hidden Power of Asana - Part 4
- Unlocking the Hidden Power of Asana - Part 5
- Practicum: Asana of the Yoga Sutra - The Core Principles
- Practicum: Asana of the Yoga Sutra - Sthiram & Sukham in Action
3. The Secret to Mastering Your Yoga Practice
- The First Step: Accessing Your Core
- Role of the Vagus Nerve: Infusing Body & Mind with Consciousness
- The Soul of Yoga Asana Practice
- Asana to Awaken and Energize Our Pelvis and Sacrum
- Practicum: The Secret to Mastering Your Yoga Practice
- Practicum: Asana of the Yoga Sutra - Prayatna Shaithilya & Ananta Samapatti
4. Awakening the Healing Power of Breath
- Prana: The Life Force
- Physiological, Mental, and Emotional Dimensions of Breath
- Body, Breath, Mind—and Stress
- Preparation for Pranayama 1: Strengthening the Diaphragm
- Preparation for Pranayama 2: Refining & Expanding Our Capacity
- Practicum: Awakening the Healing Power of Breath - Part 1
- Practicum: Awakening the Healing Power of Breath - Part 2
5. The Power of Breath to Heal & Transform
- Employing the Power of Breath for a Youthful Mind - Part 1
- Employing the Power of Breath for a Youthful Mind - Part 2
- Employing the Power of Breath for a Youthful Mind - Part 3
- Practicum: Chaturtha Pranayama - Part 1
- Practicum: Chaturtha Pranayama - Part 2
- Practicum: Chaturtha Pranayama - Part 3
- Practicum: Chaturtha Pranayama - Part 4
6. Kriya Yoga: 3 Ways to Attain Our Goal
- Discovering Our Limitless Nature
- Kriya Yoga: "Yoga in Action"
- Kriya Yoga, Part 1: Tapas
- Kriya Yoga, Part 2: Svadhyaya
- Kriya Yoga, Part 3: Ishvara Pranidhana
- Finding Our Inner Connection & Lasting Happiness