8 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 8 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
8 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 8 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $159 USD
Learn how mantras act as forces for healing and how they serve as supports for collecting and concentrating the energies of the mind.
We will explore the meaning of various mantras used in the Himalayan tradition and learn to cultivate a deeper relationship with the mantra you use for meditation through japa practice (mantra repetition).
In this 8 hour digital course, you will:
- Gain a clearer understanding of the role of mantra in your meditation practice
- Learn the subtleties of japa practice and discover how mantras become spontaneous outpourings of sound
- Discover which mantra might be appropriate for you and, if you like, receive a personal mantra for your practice
- Explore the role of mantra meditation to assist in purifying your mind and sharpening your intellect
1. Mantra: Bridge to the Inner World
- What We Want to Accomplish
- Write Your Goals
- Purification Mantra
- Prayer Gives Voice to a Longing
- Turning Deeply Toward Meditation
- Guided Meditation Practice
- Progressive Supports for Meditation
- Pyramid Diagram
- Soham Mantra Meditation
- Meaning and Qualities of "namah"
- Esoteric Meaning of "Soham"
2. Mind and Mantra
- Pratyahara—Practice for Resting the Senses
- Finding a Resting Place for the Mind
- Blocking and Unveiling the Light
- Reverence and Devotion in Meditation
- Establishing a Relaxed Focus
- Overcoming Doubt, Indecisiveness, and Unconscious Habit Patterns
- Ignoring Your Conscience
- How Does Mantra Work in the Mind?
- Model of the Mind
- Om and Other Seed Mantras
- Meaning and Pronunciation of Gayatri Mantra
- Maha Mrtyunjaya Mantra: Meaning and Pronunciation
- How to Do Japa with a Mantra
3. Seeds of Healing
- 61-Point Relaxation Practice with Maha Mrtyunjaya Mantra
- About 61-Point Relaxation
- Guided Meditation
4. Initiation and Grace
- Sing the Name of the Lord
- Three Stories of Grace
- A Shaktipata Experience
- Trustful Surrender
- Two Categories of Initiation
- Receiving a Mantra
- How to Use a Mala
- A Mala Can Help
- Doing a Purashcharana
- Take the Leap: Meditation Immersion
- Organizing Your Mantra Practice
5. The Dynamics of Mantra Practice
- Mantra and Karma
- Read about Dormant, Active, and Potential Karmas
- Influencing Karma through The Path of Action
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2 Verse 48
- Influencing Karma through Meditative Paths
- Guided Practice
- Treasuring Your Practice
- Bhagavad Gita Chapter 6 Verse 21