9 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 9 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
9 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 9 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $179 USD
Learn how to face your problems calmly and how to give your health the appropriate amount of attention.
Meditation and its companion practices constitute a healing art. They restore internal balance, remind us of our spiritual priorities, and offer a wide variety of techniques to help us regain our innate sense of hope and optimism. In this seminar, we will explore the fundamental concepts of sickness and health, and employ basic strategies that are meant to lead you back to the path of healing.
In this 9 hour digital course, you will:
- Ponder the healing strategies of meditation, and allow glimpses of yogic philosophy and psychology to inspire an optimistic spirit within you.
- Use the four elementary principles of ancient medicine as a means for healing.
- Recognize lifestyle habits that will support healing and help you prevent imbalances in your mind and body.
- Explore the role of prayer, music, and mantra in the healing process.
- Why We Come to Yoga
- Softening Our Grip
- Guided Relaxation
- Three Types of Pain and Suffering
- Aligning Ourselves with the Healing Process
- Progression from Happiness to Pain and Back to Happiness
- Seated Relaxation
2. A Four-Step Model of Healing
- Questions and Answers
- Relaxing the Muscles of the Face and Scalp
- Guided Point-to-Point Breathing Relaxation
- Point-to-Point Breathing
- The Four Noble Truths in Three Traditions
- 4 Noble Truths
- A Schematic of the Healing Process
- Schematic of the Healing Process
- Deep and True Acceptance
- Turning Toward Balance
- Guided Relaxation with Point-to-Point Breathing and Mantra So'Ham
3. A Yoga Practice for Healing
- A Health-Promoting Yoga Sequence
- Health-Promoting Yoga Sequence
- Guided 61-Points Relaxation
- 61 Points
- Summary / Questions and Answers
4. Creating an Emotional Oasis
- Calming the Sympathetic Nervous System
- The Stress Reaction
- Meditation: Aligning Outer and Inner Life
- Recognizing and Identifying Emotions
- Emotional Self-Acceptance
- Cultivating Emotional Balance
- Guided Meditation with Mantra So'Ham
- Unfinished Business
5. Emotion, Chakras, and Healing Mantras
- Questions and Answers
- Six Steps of Focusing: Part 1
- Six Steps of Focusing: Part 2
- Six Steps of Focusing
- Three Stages of Mindfulness in Meditation
- Healing Messages of the Chakras: Part 1
- Healing Messages of the Chakras: Part 2
- Healing Mantras
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Recitation
- Guided 31-Points Relaxation with Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
- Guided Meditation with Mantra and Inner Fire