9 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 9 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
9 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 9 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $189 USD
Saundaryalahari is one of the most profound tantric texts of the Himalayan Tradition.
Despite the fact that this scripture has dozens of commentaries, the deep meaning of the mantras, and especially their application, requires direct interpretation and guidance from a teacher ordained in the tradition.
In this 9+ hour digital course, you will learn about:
- The science of mantra, bindu bhedana, and shaktipata
- The risks and benefits of tantric meditation on the second chakra, the heart, and the eyebrow chakra
- How to design your practice in the light of Sri Vidya, the embodiment of tantra
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, is a modern-day master and living link in the unbroken Himalayan Tradition. He is the successor to Sri Swami Rama of the Himalayas, and the spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute. As the author of numerous books, including his autobiography Touched by Fire: The Ongoing Journey of a Spiritual Seeker, Pandit Tigunait offers practical guidance on applying yogic and tantric wisdom to modern life. For over 40 years he has touched innumerable lives around the world as a teacher, humanitarian, and visionary spiritual leader. You can view more of his teachings online at the Himalayan Institute Wisdom Library.
Pandit Tigunait holds two doctorates: one in Sanskrit from the University of Allahabad in India, and another in Oriental Studies from the University of Pennsylvania. Family tradition gave Pandit Tigunait access to a vast range of spiritual wisdom preserved in both the written and oral traditions. Before meeting his master, Pandit Tigunait studied Sanskrit, the language of the ancient scriptures of India, as well as the languages of the Buddhist, Jaina, and Zorastrian traditions. In 1976, Swami Rama ordained Pandit Tigunait into the 5,000-year-old lineage of the Himalayan Masters.
1. Saundaryalahari and Our Tradition
- Three Levels of Scriptures: Shruti
- Three Levels of Scriptures: Smriti and Purana
- The Story of Saundaryalahari
- Applications of Saundaryalahari
- This Life and Body Are a Gift
- A Bhajan Summarizing Saundaryalahari
- PDF of Bhajan
- See the Seer Within Yourself
2. The Human Body and Six Chakras
- Kundalini Shakti: Our Hidden Wealth
- Prana Shakti: Living a Balanced Life
- Shakti Chalana: Awakening (and Containing) Kundalini Shakti
- From Shakti Chalana to Bindu Bhedana
- The Human Body: Six Main Chakras
- The Three Most Important Chakras
- Integrating Manipura, Anahata, and Ajna Chakras in Practice
- Gaining Access to Manipura Chakra
3. Manipura Chakra Practicum
- Introduction to Practice
- Asana for the Navel Center and Pranayama Preparation
- Guided Relaxation Practice
- Navel-Activating Pranayama and Prana Dharana
4. Anahata Chakra
- Questions and Answers, 1
- Developing Our Practice, and the November Five-Day Intensive
- A Story
- Questions and Answers, 2
- Subtle Samskaras and the Need for Integrated Practice
- Practices in the Yoga Sutras Preceding Meditation at Anahata Chakra
5. Ajna Chakra and Bindu Bhedana
- The Importance of Ajna Chakra: Part 1
- The Importance of Ajna Chakra: Part 2
- A System of Sadhana: Manipura Chakra
- A System of Sadhana: Anahata and Ajna Chakras
- Aspects of the Meditation Process
- Guided Practice with Explanations: The Space in Which to Meditate
- MP3 of Guided Practice
- The Nature of This Uniquely Lit Space
- What We Meditate On
- Highlights of the November 4th - 9th Intensive