6 Hours to Complete
This course takes approximately 6 hours to complete. Includes lifetime access.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate upon the completion of this course.
6 CEUs Upon completion
This course qualifies for 6 continuing education credits.
Unlimited Course Access
Carefully hand-crafted to work beautifully on all of your favorite devices, your purchase includes unlimited access to this course and all of its premium resources.Buy Now $149.99 USD
Have you studied meditation but need a review of the fundamentals of practice? Are you striving to bring meditation practice into your daily life?
Or do you meditate daily yet remain uncertain about the effectiveness of your practice? This workshop will reinforce your meditation skills and give you confidence in your ability to meditate at home.
In this 6+ hour digital course, you will have an opportunity to rehearse the many facets of sitting, breathing, breath awareness, and concentration. Learn to observe your mind and to cultivate a mental focus, even in the midst of distracting thoughts and emotions.
Join this course to learn:
- The five stages of meditation
- The connection between breath and emotion
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Guided 61-point relaxation
- What to do if your foot falls asleep
- Gaining inner perspective
- Yoga sutras pertinent to meditation
- You wull receive a certificate of completion
1. The Rich Landscape of Meditation
- The Student-Teacher Prayer
- Listen to the Prayers of the Tradition
- Bhagavad Gita VII: 16-19
- Motivating Ourselves to Meditate
- Types of People Drawn to Meditation
- Meditation Essentials: Practice and Non-Attachment
- Meditation Practice: The First Two Steps
- Step One: Stillness
- An Asana Practice for Meditation
- The 5 Stages of Meditation
- Steps Two Through Five
2. Softening the Inner Grip: Breathing and Relaxation
- The Emotions of Gain and Loss
- The Connection Between Breath and Emotion
- Still the Body, Steady the Breath, Relax the Mind
- Diaphragmatic Breathing in 3 Key Yoga Poses
- Listen to a Guided Practice
- Guided 61-Points Relaxation
- What Should I Do if My Foot Falls Asleep?
- Why Meditate?
- Mortal, Self-Immortal, and Immortal Aspects of the Self
3. Finding Support in a Mantra
- Mantra: The Bridge Between the Mind and the Pure Self
- Yoga Sutra 1.27 Translation and Commentary
- Yoga Sutra 1.27 Recitation
- The Universal Mantra
- The Power of Mantra & Mystery of Initiation Ch 4
- The Protective Power of Mantra
- Guided Meditation
4. Gaining Inner Perspective
- Knowing the Self (Model of the Mind): Part 1
- Knowing the Self (Model of the Mind): Part 2
- Knowing the Self (Model of the Mind): Part 3
- Guided Meditation